Hepatitis B Vaccine
Hepatitis B Vaccine at Medical Express Clinic:
At the Medical Express Clinic on Harley Street, London, we are able to take care of your Hepatitis B vaccine.
What is Hepatitis B?
- The Hepatitis B virus is currently being carried by around 350 million people from all over the world. It is spread through contaminated blood & body fluids.
- The countries exposed to the highest risk of Hepatitis B infection are central, western and southern Africa as well as south-east Asia.
- A chronic infection combined with Hepatitis B can cause liver disease and liver cancer.
Hepatitis B is Transmitted Through Contact with Infected Blood or Bodily Fluids. A Few Examples Include:
- The mother can transmit the infection to the baby during birth.
- Hepatitis B can also be transmitted through unprotected sexual intercourse.
- Contaminated blood products can also result in Hepatitis B.
- Any contaminated medical equipment like needles and syringes.
- Contaminated tattoo and body piercing equipment.
Vaccination Against Hepatitis B is Recommended for:
- Health care workers, aid workers and other jobs that put the employees at risk.
- People that are travelling to high-risk of Hepatitis B areas for a longer period of time.
- Travellers who already have the pre-existing condition.
The Hepatitis B vaccine can be applied to the new-born baby at birth. It typically requires a primary course of three vaccinations over the course of 6 months. The baby is typically vaccinated at birth, after a month and after 6 months. A booster dose can be given 5 years after the first vaccination.
Booking an Appointment for Your Vaccine: