Medical Express Clinic prides itself on the high priority being given to ensuring that our clients are always treated with dignity and respect. We regard this as essential if they are to feel that they are being treated as individuals, and also give us the trust that is necessary in providing quality services.
Medical Express Clinic’s policy is that the following actions will be taken in order to promote privacy and dignity of our clients:
- Making available a chaperone whenever necessary and desirable.
- Offering a choice of therapist whenever possible, in particular a choice between a female and a male doctor when this is required for reasons of cultural sensitivity.
- Recognising the need for privacy when conducting any intimate, intrusive or complex therapeutic interventions.
- Making sure that consent to treatment is always obtained in advance when this is necessary and desirable.
- Avoiding the use of using clinical or medical jargon.
- Avoiding the use of abbreviations that might be confusing for clients and their carers.
- Offering a choice of options when referring clients so that informed choice can be made.
- Ensuring that any language difficulties are identified and appropriate interpreting and/or translating services made available as necessary.
- Making sure that forms, posters, signs, etc are in easy-to-understand format so that clients are not embarrassed by having to ask.
- Acknowledging the right of clients to refuse treatment and therapies.
- Always involving clients and their carers closely in decisions about their individual care.
- Ensuring that confidentiality is maintained, including consulting in private to ensure confidential information is not overheard.
- Ensuring that all staff behave professionally and with discretion towards all clients and their visitors at all times