Private Gynaecologist in London
Gynaecology is a catch all term for medicine of the female reproductive organs; their ability for reproduction and general well-being. At our Private Gynaecology Clinic in Harley Street, London, highly experienced gynaecologists offer a wide range of gynaecological services, optimal treatment and consultation. Specific gynaecological issues like ovarian cysts, recurrent miscarriages and uterine fibroids are also diagnosed, monitored and treated to help patients with their fertility, reproductive and sexual health. With our private gynaecology services, you'll receive prompt appointments, thorough examinations, and compassionate support in a comfortable and confidential environment. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with London's leading private gynaecologists and take control of your reproductive health.
Regular Gynaecological Exam
Our team of private consultant Gynaecologists in London arrange regular gynaecological exams. We aim to provide convenient treatment options to our patients after a close diagnosis and investigation of the relevant Gynecological issues. We offer a wide range of screening, diagnostic, prenatal, surgical and therapeutic services. Some tests conducted at our clinic to know your health condition are the following:
- Sample of Urine.
- Breast Examinations.
- Pelvic Exam.
- External Genital Exam.
- Speculum Exam.
- Smear test.
- Rectovaginal Exam.
After performing these physical exams, our gynaecologist or obstetrician will work with dedication to render you with the best possible Gynecological treatment and specialist care. Depending on the individual case the overall cost of the treatment is determined. Our fee is quite explicit and clear. Your doctor will explain details of the treatment cost before starting it.
Our Private Gynaecology Services include:
- Emergency gynaecological treatment with short notice appointments and walk in service.
- Oncology provides treatment to women who have cancer in their reproductive organs.
- Early pregnancy, contraceptive advice and treatment.
- Infertility treatment and reproductive endocrinology.
- Family Planning to know when it is the right time to conceive.
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery and urogynaecology offer diagnostic and surgical treatment for women having urinary problems and any disorder in their pelvic organs.
- Following up with treatments of cervical smear.
- Treatments to alleviate or improve the symptoms of menopause.
Women’s Health is our Passion
Live life to the fullest with our range of Consultant-led Gynaecological services.
BOOK ONLINE NOW
it's easier, quicker and only takes 30 sec
Our London Gynaecologist are Specialised in:
We understand you require the best gynaecological advice and care to meet your specific requirements. Private gynaecologists in London at our Gynae Clinic work together in a team of doctors, GPs, and specialists in areas such as:
- Management and evaluation of contraception.
- Management and Diagnosis of fertility issues.
- Hormone management treatment includes pre-menstrual stress, osteoporosis, menopause and other hormone disorders.
- Treating gynaecological conditions like abnormal vaginal bleeding, genital infection and unusual vaginal discharge.
- Pregnancy problems in the initial months and throughout your pregnancy.
- Treatment for pelvic pain and endometriosis.
- Eliminate excessive menstrual bleeding with Nova sure, a less invasive process.
- Screening for polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Treating problems of heavy periods and menstrual irregularities.
- Urodynamic examinations.
- Treatment for urinary, bladder and incontinence issues.
Gynaecology Faqs and Glossary
- Menstruation problems - When periods occur for a long time and more frequently than the normal period of 25-30 days, you should visit your nearest Gynaecology Clinic or doctor for a check up. If there is regular spotting during periods, book a same day appointment with our doctor to perform certain tests such as blood count or a pelvic scan on the uterus and ovaries as well as checking your thyroid gland.
- Pelvic pain - Women who suffer from pain during intercourse and in the pelvis should undergo a vaginal or pelvic examination, laparoscopy and ultrasound scan to detect the symptoms of endometriosis.
- Endometriosis - A tissue like womb’s lining may affect ovaries or ligaments that support the womb. It may be the reason for slight bleeding or enlargement of ovaries and scarring of ligaments, thus causing severe pain.
- Prolapse - The vagina wall becomes weak after childbirth. This may be the reason for the uterus (or neck of the womb) or the bladder to prolapse and thus, require surgery.
- Hysteroscopy surgery - Hysteroscopy is a medical process where the surgeon will perform biopsies and take away polyps or fibroids in the uterus.
- Fibroids - It is a common problem noticed on the inner or outer lining or muscle of the uterus. These often lead to heavy period problem and even infertility in some extreme cases. The problem is cured with surgery or monthly injections.
- Hysterectomy - It is the removal of the uterus due to cancer in the womb or when other organs do not respond to the treatment. It is done abdominally, vaginally or by means of a surgery.
- Post-Menopausal Bleeding - Women who bleed after menopause must undergo a pelvic examination with an ultrasound scan of the pelvis. This will help detect if she is suffering from an early stage of cancer or polyps.
- Gynaecological cancer surgery - This process is helpful for women who may be suffering from cancer in the vulva, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and vagina.
- Colposcopy for abnormal smears - It is a 10-15 minute treatment procedure that is provided to women with an abnormal smear results. Make an appointment with our private gynaecologist in London, Mr Hikmat Naoum for cervical cancer or cancer in the neck of the womb.
- Vulval problems - Problems in the outer tissue in the vagina can be seen in every woman regardless of age. It involves hardening the skin, pre-cancerous symptoms and cysts termed vulva; intra-epithelial neoplasia.
Mr Hikmat Naoum
Position: Consultant Gynaecologist
Degrees: MDChB MSc FRCOG
GMC number: 3047637
Main NHS base: Oxford University Hospitals Trust
Mr Hikmat Naoum specialists in the management of abnormal bleeding and pelvic pains, premenstrual syndrome, menorrhagia (heavy menstrual periods), endometriosis, vaginal reconstructive surgery and management of ovarian cysts, anterior and posterior vaginal repair, laparoscopy and tubal reversal of sterilisation, hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation with NovaSure, hysterectomy and sacrospinous fixation.
Training and background
Mr Naoum qualified with a master's degree from University College London in 1999, and became a consultant gynaecologist at the Oxford NHS Trust in 2000.
Research and teaching
He has wide experience in obstetrics and gynaecology, and has presented various topics in the speciality both in the UK and internationally.
Royal College of Gynaecologists, European Society of Gynaecology and the European Society of Reproductive Endocrinology.
gynaecology exams at the hands of an
Worried about pregnancy,
menstrual & infertility problems? Talk to a gynaecologist
Schedule an appointment at our one stop clinic