When is the Right Time to Visit Your Private Doctor for Migraine
Headaches can cause disturbing and painful situations, although not considered as a serious medical issue. A migraine can be extremely painful, thought to be caused by a sudden fall of serotonin level in your brain, which enlarges the blood vessels. Unfortunately, there is no permanent cure for the condition, however, being in touch with a doctor always helps. If you are a resident of London, visit a reputed medical clinic for advice to help you deal with frequent migraines. There are times when you might notice some unusual symptoms of migraine pain. In this blog, we have discussed about the causes of the problem accompanied by the right time to see your doctor.
What Triggers Migraines
There are several reasons behind a migraine. You will be told about the causes when you see your doctor at the private medical centre. However, here are some triggers explained for you:
- Hormonal variations in females: The variations in estrogen level in many women causes headache. The ones who have migraine problem, report increased pain during periods.
- Food additives: Some particular food ingredients such as aspartame and monosodium glutamate trigger migraines.
- Foods: Consuming aged cheese, processed foods and salty foods, reportedly increase migraine pain. Fasting or skipping meals might also worsen the situation.
- Physical factors: Deep and intense physical actions such as heavy workouts and sexual activity induce migraines.
- Environment change: Weather changes or variation in pressure can cause migraine attacks.
- Alterations in sleep patterns: Losing or having too much sleep can increase the chances of getting migraine in some people.
- Sensory stimuli: Exposure to bright and harsh light, loud noises can stimulate pressure on your brain causing migraine. Strong smell of paints, perfumes or other chemicals may also result in migraine.
- Drinks and beverages: Consuming wine and highly caffeinated beverages is likely to cause migraine pain.
- Stress: It is an important factor behind migraine attacks. Work pressure and stress at home can cause severe headaches.
- Particular medications: Taking vasodilators like nitroglycerin and oral contraceptives can lead to migraines.
When to visit a doctor
Remember, when the circumstances seem to severe or out of hand, make an immediate appointment with your doctor at a Private Medical Centre in London. Want to know what are those situations? Just keep reading!
- Weakness, numbness, dizziness, rapid balance loss, or unable to move.
- Confusion, speech problems, changes in behaviour and personality.
- Fever, stiff neck and breathing problems.
- Problems in vision, that is, blurred vision, blind spots, double spots.
- Headache in middle of the night.
- Serious nausea and regular vomiting.
- Headache due to head injury
- Different symptoms of headache when you are over the age of 55
Some other minor changes in the symptoms of migraine attacks that need medical attention include:
- More than 3-4 headaches in a week
- Headaches that worsen with time and does not go away easily.
- Need to depend on painkillers every day to get away with the pain.
When suffering from regular and severe migraine pain, we suggest you to meet our Private Doctors at Medical Express Clinic. The expert medical professionals will help you overcome the situation effectively.