Private Blood Test at Medical Express Clinic in Harley Street, London
For those who are not keen on blood or needles having a blood test can be daunting. But even for those of us who don’t have those fears, having a blood test is not likely to be something we look forward to. We thought we would give you some tips for making your trip for a blood test a little less frightening.
- Different blood tests have different requirements so you should always make sure that you know whether you are supposed to fast before your test. If you do have to fast you should not eat or drink for eight to twelve hours before your blood test. That includes not chewing gum or even taking a breath mint! Water can be taken. The night before, you can have dinner and then no breakfast and just water to drink. It is best to use a timing of twelve hours for the beginning of your fast before the test.
- It is a good idea to drink a lot of water the night before your test and on the morning of your test, so that you are not dehydrated.
- Get to the lab early so that it will not be long before you can eat and drink again. There is nothing worse than feeling faint from lack of food.
- Make sure you bring any paper work with you that gives details of the test that you are going to have.
- Once you are in the care of the phlebotomist they will take your blood. They will probably ask you which arm you would like to have the blood taken from. A tourniquet will be applied to the arm to make the vein stand out. It may take a little while to get a vein to cooperate but phlebotomists are very experienced and they know what they are doing!
- Once your vein has been found follow instructions so that the phlebotomist from all over the world can take the blood.
- Keep breathing! You might find it difficult to be relaxed while you are having blood taken, but try.
- A bandage will be placed on the site of the blood taking and you should not remove it before the time that the phlebotomist tells you to. Even if you think there is no bleeding – take the bandage off too soon and you might bruise.
- All done! It is important now to refuel to get you back on form after your blood test. Have a good drink and something to eat, and then get on with your day!
This way, Private Blood Test in London at Medical Express Clinic is always a fearless experience.