7 Things to do for Taking Care of Your Health Condition
Several factors play an important role in taking care of your health. If you have good health, chances are you can prevent the risks of developing some medical conditions such as stroke, heart disease, some cancers and injuries. This blog discusses 7 things that you should do to maintain your overall health.
- Eat healthy foods – Your food habits are closely linked to your health. A well-balanced nutrition has many benefits for your overall health. When you make healthy choice for foods, you can treat as well as prevent some conditions. This will include – diabetes, heart disease and stroke. By having a healthy diet, you can reduce the level of cholesterol and also lose weight.
- Do our exercises regularly – Exercise can prevent stroke, diabetes, heart disease, and colon cancer. It can help in treating depression, high blood pressure and osteoporosis. People who do exercise daily may get injured less often. Routine exercises will not only make you feel better but also keep your weight under control. You should try to stay active for 30 to 60 minutes per day, 5 times a week.
- Maintain proper weight – If you are over-weight, this can increase the risks for developing various health conditions. Some of these are:
- high blood pressure
- type 2 diabetes
- heart disease
- high cholesterol
- gallbladder disease
- some cancers
Being overweight may even cause weight-related injuries. A common problem is arthritis in weight-bearing joints such as your hips, knees or spine. There are several things you may try out to lose weight and prevent them in the future.
- Keep your skin protected – Direct exposure to sun rays is somewhat linked to skin cancer. This is the most common type of cancer and so, you should try to limit spending your time in the sun. Wear protective clothing and hats when you remain outside. Use sunscreen year-round on your exposed skin like hands and face. It will protect your skin and prevent skin cancer. Choose a sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays and has at least SPF 15.
- Practice safe sex – Enjoying safe sex is good both for you and your partner and this has greater impact on your emotional as well as physical health. The safest way to have sex is when only two people participate in the activity with each other. You may use some kind of protection to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases or STDs. Hence, condoms are considered to be the most effective form of prevention. It is advised to consult with your private GP London in case you need to get tested for STDs.
- Use tobacco or do not smoke – Both smoking and tobacco consumption may be harmful for your health. They can lead to heart disease, lung, throat or mouth cancer. They are also the major factors for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and emphysema. Thus, the sooner you quit them, the better it will be for you.
- Limit the intake of alcohol – Men should not take more than 2 drinks per day whereas the limit for women is cut in half. If you have the habit of consuming too much alcohol, then this may damage your liver. It can lead to some cancers such as liver, pancreas or throat cancer. Alcohol abuse may be the reason for deaths from murders, suicides and car wrecks.
Apart from the factors discussed above, you should make time to take care of your entire body. Consult with your GP for private health checkup which includes seeing your doctor, your dentist and eye doctor. With preventive care, you can detect any kind of disease or prevent an illness before they start to spread.
It is also important to take care of your health. Nowadays, breast cancer is a leading cause of death among women. Seek advice with your gynaecologist when you should start getting mammograms. You may have to begin screening early in case you have risk factors like family history. One way to detect breast cancer is by doing self-examination every month. Women should also go for routine pap smears and if you fall within 21 to 65 years, then it is necessary to get tested every 3 years. This may differ if you have certain conditions or have had removed your cervix.